We are an award-winning minority and woman-owned SBA 8(a) certified, small business in Austin, Texas, with over two decades of experience developing graphic, web, and multimedia solutions for government entities, corporations, nonprofits, and individuals in the areas of education, healthcare, nutrition, information technology, retail, publishing, e-learning, and advertising. We will collaborate with you to visually charge your resources with a uniquely authentic and highly customized look that will set you apart from others. We have experience in taking design projects from initial concept to impressive finished execution. Our goal is to help bridge the divide between organizations and the general public by using the value and power of design. We are also certified as an Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) through the Small Business Administration (SBA).
As evident from our portfolio, we have won several contracts from high-profile government entities over the past few years. We welcome a chance to form joint ventures with prime contractors and teams to bid on government contracts. Our government clients include the Washington State Department of Enterprise Services, Washington State Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction, Fulton County Department of Health & Wellness, City of Lake Forest, Town of Queen Creek, and Texas Department of Agriculture.
Whether you're a new company or an established one, we will work with you to create design solutions that are aligned with your goals, vision, and objectives. From brainstorming with your staff to developing a communication strategy to launching an effective campaign, we are ready to work with you and your team. We also are always on the lookout for big or small corporations seeking to collaborate on projects. Our vast portfolio, numerous certifications, and excellent references make us a valuable partner for any enterprise. Working with a woman-owned, diverse supplier reflects positively on your brand, products, and services. Our impressive roster of clients includes LPL Financial, Palo Alto Adult School, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, the Center for Active Family Engagement, Funds for Writers, the Greater Austin Merchants Cooperative Association, the Austin Academy of Music, and Soal Technologies.
We have more than 13 years of experience in developing corporate communication resources for nonprofits. We use that rich experience to develop a plan that is tailored to the needs of your organization. We work directly with you to develop effective and compelling strategies designed to produce the best outcome. We have worked with nonprofit clients such as REL Pacific, Preservation Texas, the Aga Khan Foundation, the Lone Star Paralysis Foundation, Prince William Sound RCAC, Aga Khan Academies, and the Texas Museum of Fiber Arts. We also offer special pricing to nonprofits. Contact us for more information.
We not only serve organizations but also individuals such as authors, writers, speakers, and publicists. To date we have served over 60 such clients with branding, websites, book design, print collateral, and email marketing. View services and partial list of clients.
- Communication strategy and consulting
- Brand and identity
- Print collateral and communication design, including reports, brochures, and handouts
- Information design/infographics
- Website and content management system design
- Interactive media design, including videos, online demos, courses, and presentations
- Email marketing, design, and deployment
- Environmental graphics and display design
About Shaila Abdullah
Shaila Abdullah is the creative director and owner of My House of Design. She is an award-winning graphic, web, and multimedia designer with more than 20 years' experience. She prides herself on finding the right solution to fit any budget. During her career, she has designed hundreds of projects from concept to completion, including logo and branding systems, banners, signage, displays, brochures, newsletters, infographics, fliers, fact sheets, books, posters, stationery, guides, catalogs, annual reports, and event, marketing, and advertising collateral. In addition, she develops content management websites, email newsletters, e-magazines, and multimedia online courses, presentations, and videos. Shaila is an award-winning author of five books, including two for adults (Saffron Dreams and Beyond the Cayenne Wall) and three for children (My Friend Suhana, Rani in Search of a Rainbow, and A Manual for Marco).
Recent Government, Educational, and Nonprofit Contract Awards
Here is a partial list of successful contracts we have won through competitive RFP processes in the past year:
- Washington State Department of Enterprise Services
- Washington State Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Fulton County Department of Health & Wellness
- City of Lake Forest
- Town of Queen Creek
- Sam Houston State University
- Texas Department of Agriculture
- Preservation Texas
- Prince William Sound Regional Citizens’ Advisory Council
- San Diego Workforce Partnership
- Fort Worth ISD
- Arizona Board of Regents
Six Reasons Why You Should Choose Us
- You want your designs to stand out from the rest and be memorable.
- You want designs that communicate and exceed your goals.
- You need flawless execution that produces results.
- You need someone who delivers on time—with a smile.
- The integrity of your branding and messaging is important to you.
- You prefer to work with small, disadvantaged, women, and minority-owned businesses with certifications (EDWOSB, MWB, HUB, MBE/WBE/DBE)
DUNS # 968585757
CAGE # 7KBT6
DSBS # 2011949
HUB VID # 12036796519
SIC CODE # 7336
- SBA 8(a) Business Development Program
- Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) through Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Texas HUB Vendor, Certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Women Business Enterprise (WBE), and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Minority Women’s Business Enterprise (MWBE) in the State of Washington
- 541430: Graphic Design Services
- 541613: Marketing Consulting Services
- 541810: Advertising Agencies
- 541860: Direct Mail Advertising
- 541890: Other Services Related to Advertising
- 561410: Document Preparation Services
- 519130: Internet Publishing & Broadcasting
- 711510: Technical writers, ad copy writers, freelance writers
- 541820: Public Relations Agencies
- 541830: Media Buying Agencies
- 541921: Photography Studios
- 541922: Commercial Photography
- 323117: Books Printing
- Association of Educational Publishing (AEP) Award for a newsletter called AfterWords
- MarCom Gold Award: Annual Report: Evidence to Practice
- MarCom Gold Award: Insights newsletter, Annual Report: Open the Possibilities
- MarCom Platinum Award for Annual Report: Roadmaps to Results
- AEP finalist for Connections Website, Annual Report: Teach. Discover. Solve. Engage. Learn, and SEDL’s Catalog of Publications